Friday, April 21, 2006

Spring chores - getting on

DD One
Getting on. Someone left a wonderful felt dog in my truck with a little scarf knitted from dog fur around its neck. I have seen the little creature at someone's house before, but don't remember where. Its bothering me. Such sweet sentiment, but from whom? No note.

Jay says the greenhouse will be done today. Hooray! The flowers are waiting. I am getting ready, I think. It will be interesting to see how the creative gray matter reacts to the smell and color of bedding plants. A healing effect, I hope.

I have been working on my spring designs, but without much zest. My clients seem quite happy, but I feel I have let them down. An acute lack of imagination would sum it up nicely. Still, the physical business of drawing, thinking and coloring is a relief. A mind-busy activity. Perhaps design classes for those in mourning would be the thing? I wonder if you would come out with a bunch of sorrowful looking gardens? Interesting thought.

I'm going to take my first walk through the nursery today and see how things are coming along. So far I have just peered through the fence. Its a mixed up mess over there - snow, mud and ice. I wonder if the soil in the soil building is thawed? That would be handy. It's always so much fun to thaw it out this time of year. The new roof Jay put over it last fall should have made all the difference. It would be good to be able to get to the potting shed without a foot of mud, but I have low hopes for that. I need stuff from there.

The boys will be here soon for tutoring. Writing is such a struggle for them and they work so hard at it. What a pleasure to have such fine young men to work with. They are sure to brighten (and confuse) the day. I look forward to it, as always.

No comments: